The following is a list of additional benefits available to active members of the KAEPS:
- During the annual Spring Meeting, KAEPS sponsors educational programs for members and their staff: a Physicians & Surgeons program, a Practice Managers program, and a Technicians program. KAEPS also collaborates with the American Academy of Ophthalmology to host Codequest events. Additional educational activities are scheduled as necessary for the members and their staff.
Legislative/Regulatory Advocacy and PAC
- KAEPS retains a lobbying firm and has a strong relationship with the Kentucky Medical Association to represent you and your practice and ensure that quality eye care, professionalism, and unrestricted access to patients are met. The KAEPS lobbyist firm and KAEPS Executive Staff monitor all legislative as well as regulatory committees affecting ophthalmology. In addition, KAEPS administers the Kentucky Ophthalmology Political Action Committee (KOPAC).
- KAEPS member names are referenced when members of the public inquire
about finding an ophthalmologist.
- KAEPS offers its members up-to-date information on all activities and issues involving KAEPS and the ophthalmologic
profession through its e-newsletter Eye Talk.
Public Relations Campaigns
- KAEPS promotes the profession of ophthalmology, and KAEPS members in particular, through attendance at health fairs and exhibits and through the use of media releases.
Coding and Compliance Consultation
- KAEPS utilizes Corcoran Consulting Group to assist members with coding and compliance issues.
Voice in the AAO
- KAEPS members gain a collective voice in policy development and programs with the American Academy of Ophthalmology through the Council representative.
OMIC Malpractice Insurance Discounts
- KAEPS maintains an educational alliance with The Ophthalmic Mutual Insurance Company (OMIC). This alliance provides the opportunity to significantly reduce medical malpractice premiums during the next several years by offering a 10 percent risk management discount to KAEPS members. OMIC is the largest insurer of ophthalmologists in the United States and is the only carrier dedicated specifically to the specialty. Click here to get your quote from OMIC.