The following is a list of additional benefits available to active members of the KAEPS:
- During the Spring Annual Meeting, KAEPS sponsors a number of educational programs for members and their staff. KAEPS also sponsors an ophthalmology specific session during the KMA Fall Meeting. Additional educational activities are scheduled as necessary for the members and their staff.
Legislative/Regulatory Advocacy and PAC
- KAEPS retains a lobby firm and has a strong relationship with the Kentucky Medical Association to represent you and your practice and ensure that quality eye care, professionalism, and unrestricted access to patients are met. The KAEPS lobbyist firm and KAEPS Executive Staff monitor all legislative as well as regulatory committees effecting ophthalmology. In addition, KAEPS administers the Kentucky Ophthalmology Political Action Committee (KOPAC).
- KAEPS member names are referenced when members of the public inquire
about finding an ophthalmologist.
- KAEPS offers its members up-to-date information on all activities and issues involving KAEPS and the ophthalmologic
profession through its fax newsletter Eye Talk.
Public Relations Campaigns
- KAEPS promotes the profession of ophthalmology, and KAEPS members in particular, through attendance at numerous health fairs and exhibits and through the use of media releases.
Reimbursement Consulting and Seminars
- KAEPS utilizes the American Academy of Ophthalmology to assist members with third party reimbursement questions. In addition, annually KAEPS sponsors the AAO CodeQuest coding seminars on Medicare for members and their staff on the latest rules and regulations.
Seminar and Meeting Discounts
- KAEPS members receive member-only discounted rates on all KAEPS sponsored meetings and seminars.
Voice in the AAO
- KAEPS members gain a collective voice in policy development and programs with the American Academy of Ophthalmology through the Council representative.
- The KAEPS maintains a website with valuable educational materials, calendar of events, legislative information, a Find An Eye MD search engine which displays only KAEPS members, and the ability to list the member's practice website address.
OMIC Malpractice Insurance Discounts
- KAEPS has entered into an educational alliance with The Ophthalmic Mutual Insurance Company (OMIC). This alliance provides the opportunity to significantly reduce medical malpractice premiums during the next several years by offering a 10 percent risk management discount to KAEPS members. OMIC is the largest insurer of ophthalmologists in the United States and is the only carrier dedicated specifically to the specialty. Click here to get your quote from OMIC.